- Grades 6–12 (Accelerated learners in earlier grades are welcome with instructor approval)
- Logical thinking and math skill
- Facility with computers
- Operating system and browser (download, install, unzip, move files around)
- Typing ability
Some things we will learn:
- Moving a character using the keyboard
- Having enemy characters
- Having multiple game levels
- Detecting collisions between characters
- Playing music and sound effects
- Realistic motion according to laws of physics
We’ll start with the Phaser sandbox, then switch to the more powerful NetBeans integrated development environment (IDE).
- 2-d coordinates (x, y)
Before class, please set up your laptop for Phaser.