- Grades 4–12
- Logical thinking and math skill
- Facility with computers
- Operating system and browser (download, install, unzip, move files around)
- Typing ability
Python is used for creating games, websites, and much more. Python is a real programming language used by professionals (Google, for example, has lots of Python programmers). One of our projects will be a text adventure game. We will learn about and practice using many parts of Python, including
- Communicating with the user (print, input)
- Taking action depending on conditions (if)
- Looping (while, for)
- Making things happen randomly in games (random module)
- Storing data in various ways
Students will use their creativity and programming skills to create an adventure game with various interesting places, and events that occur probabilistically at those places.
- 2-d coordinates (x, y)
Before class, please set up your laptop for Python.