Please follow the instructions in the section below for the class you are taking.
Prior to class, please do the following:
- Download and install Python Version 3 from Python.org. There is a Getting Started page there if you need it.
- Download and install PyCharm Community Edition from JetBrains
- Install a recent version of Chrome
- Install the Chrome NetBeans Connector
- Install NetBeans, either the “Full” bundle or the “HTML 5” bundle. If you have an older Mac OS and NetBeans 8 won’t install, use NetBeans 7.3.1 instead.
- If you’re planning to draw your own game art, install a drawing/painting program such as the free GIMP or Inkscape. If you are using a commercial program such as Photoshop, ensure you have a license for it.
- If you want to play around with sound effects, you might want to install Audacity.
- Download and install git
Clone My Github python-lessons Repository
- Install git if you haven’t already
- From the PyCharm VCS menu, choose Check Out from Version Control -> Git
https://github.com/dcbriccetti/python-lessons.gitas the repository
- Answer yes when PyCharm offers to open the new project
- Install Processing
- Install Scala
- Install Scala
- Intellij IDEA Community Edition
- Choose Skip All and Set Defaults
- On Welcome page, choose configure plugins from the bottom right
- Push Install JetBrains Plugin…
- Type scala in the search field. The Scala plugin should appear on the right.
- Push Install Plugin
- After the plugin installs, push Restart
- On Welcome page, Create new project
- Select Scala from the column on the left and push Next
- Type Validate for the project name
- For Project SDK, New, JDK
- Give the location of a 1.7 or 1.8 JDK
- For Scala SDK, push Create, then Download…
- Push OK to download
- When the download completes, push Finish
Scala, Using Kojo
- Make sure you can run Kojo