A free (no cost), unstructured session for playing with electronics and helping and learning from others. You might learn:
- how electrical circuits work
- using a breadboard
- using sensors
- using motors
- using LEDs (light-emitting diodes)
- writing code to read inputs and create output (lights, sound, motor movement)
- how to use Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Circuit Playground Express, or micro_bit
- programming a Cutebot (shown below)
Fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, or mask wearing:
- past, present and prospective students of Dave Briccetti
- parents and educator friends
Indoors at Dave’s house
3222 Acalanes Ave
Saturday, July 24, from 1–4:30. Come and go whenever you like.
A portable computer, if you have one.
Any of these you might want to work on:
- Raspberry Pi
- Circuit Playground Express
- Breadboards, wires, etc.
If you don’t have any gear, I have lots of Circuit Playground Express devices you can use while you’re here, and you can probably get some time with the Cutebot.
As space permits, you’re welcome to remain and observe.
If you think it’s likely you’ll come, please let Dave know beforehand, otherwise just drop by.